Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jenny Norbury

Jenny is a family friend from Far North Queensland, and I grew up around her work. When I started on this project she was in the back of my mind. Luckily I visited last year when I was staying with my parents on the Tablelands and she showed me some of her work. I asked her to contribute to this show too, but she couldn't this time.

Jenny has worked with recycled denim for as long as I can remember, and before; making bags, rugs, blankets, and clothing. She also has an amazing timber house full of treasures and an incredible garden, complete with rainforest plants, nesting bowerbirds and a flintstones picnic table.

These are photos from my visit, in September last year.

JN_studioJN_denimragrug
Denim shagpile rug.

JN_plaitedrope
JN_ropedetail
Ropes plaited up from the seams of recycled jeans.

JN_bedspread
JN_bedspreaddetail
Not denim, but an amazing bedspread using the embroidered doily collection of an old friend.

JN
JN_bowerbird
JN_rocks

1 comment:

  1. wow, that looks like a beautiful life. making things, plants and fresh air.

    ReplyDelete